In Dynamics 365 Customer Engagement, you might want to track incoming emails in your inbox automatically. It is possible to modify the default tracking behavior using an enabled mailbox setup with server side synchronization and Microsoft Exchange.
IMPORTANT: Changing these options can result in all emails in your Exchange Inbox (including subfolders) being tracked and confidential emails being inadvertently tracked. These settings should be carefully considered and used with care.
Follow these steps to adjust your personal automatic email tracking:
- Log into Dynamics 365 Customer Engagement
- Click the gear icon in the top right hand corner and select options
- This loads your Personal Options for this Dynamics 365 instance. Select the email tab
Select the option you wish to adjust from the drop down menu beside “Track:”
There are four options to select from:
- All email messages – All emails received by the user will be tracked.
- Email messages in response to Dynamics 365 email (Default) – Only replies to emails that are already tracked will be saved as email activities. This option uses smart matching, which will use either the contents of the subject line or the sender/recipient addresses contained in the email to relate the email message to activities.
- Email messages from Dynamics 365 Leads, Contacts and Accounts – Only emails sent from leads, contacts and accounts in the Dynamics 365 organization will be added as activities.
- E-mail messages from Dynamics 365 records that are e-mail enabled – Email messages from any Dynamics 365 record type that contains an email address including custom entities or record types.
This change will take effect the next time the automatic server side synchronization job runs against your mailbox. E-mail messages from Dynamics 365 records that are e-mail enabled – Email messages from any Dynamics 365 record type that contains an email address including custom entities or record types.
If you have the option under “Automatically create records in Microsoft Dynamics 365” enabled, the systems will automatically create a lead or contact if it cannot match an incoming email matching the selected criteria to an existing record.
You can now use Dynamics 365 Customer Engagement to track incoming emails in your inbox automatically. This results in an enabled mailbox setup with server side synchronization and Microsoft Exchange, thus modifying the default tracking behavior.
For more information, contact us.