Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2016 has added some much-needed ease to setting up permissions. Who has not had a new Dynamics NAV customer extremely overwhelmed with setting up users with their required permissions? I’m excited about the new User Groups and Permission Set by User or User Group functionality, but today I want to focus on the new Permission Recordings!
Departments ? Administration ? IT Administration ? General ? Permission Sets
For this example we will call the new permission set “New Customer”.
- Click New ? Enter “New Customer”
- Click Permissions
- Click Actions in the ribbon. In the Record Permissions section, click Start.
- Choose whether or not to start now or reopen the company.
- Minimize and search for “customer” to get to the customer list.
- Click New
- Fill in relevant fields on the Customer Card and click OK.
- Restore the Edit Permission page that was minimized and click Stop in the Ribbon.
- Answer Yes to add permissions.
- The new permissions are automatically added. You did it!