If you don’t already use the Account Card ribbon in Microsoft Dynamics NAV, I’m here to show you why you should! In this installment of NAV for Beginners, we’ll focus on all that the G/L Account Card ribbon provides, including greater and easier access to your G/L accounts.
In the Home tab, you can view, edit, delete or create a G/L account. You can easily attach information to the G/L account by using OneNote, Notes or Links.
The Actions tab provides the most relevant navigation accesses for the G/L Account Card.
Did you know you can use the Apply Template function to create the G/L accounts by using the Data Template? Stay tuned for the next blog in this series to learn how it’s done!
The Navigate tab displays information about the balances and transaction amounts for the account.
The Navigate tab provides single click access to the following functions:
- Ledger Entries: Display all ledger entries for the account.
- Comments: Display or enter comments that relate to the account.
- Dimensions: Display or enter default dimensions for the account.
- Extended Text: Display or enter extended text for the account.
- Receivables-Payables Overview: Provides a summary.
On the Report tab you can run the following reports:
- Detail Trial Balance: Shows a detail of the entries for selected G/L accounts.
- Trial Balance: Shows the chart of accounts that have balances and net changes.
- Trial Balance by Period: Shows the opening balance by G/L account, the movements in the selected period of month, quarter, or year, and the resulting closing balance.
- G/L Register: Contains the G/L register that is created every time a G/L entry is posted.
What does the Indent Chart of Accounts button do? It will indent the accounts in the same range. That’s pretty cool!