At the recent Microsoft 2015 Worldwide Partner Conference (WPC) in Orlando, Microsoft revealed the new Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2016. Dynamics NAV is Microsoft’s enterprise resource planning (ERP) financial solution aimed at small to medium sized businesses.
The current release of Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2015, offers powerful and feature-rich applications including Finance, Sales, Marketing, Warehousing and Service. In addition to these features, NAV’s ease of use, quick implementation and analytics power, NAV 2016 will also include the ability to work natively with Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online, Azure SQL and Power BI.
NAV 2016, previously code-named “Corfu”, boasts new baseline capabilities around document management and optical character recognition (OCR), and workflow and e-services integration. Microsoft has gone full speed ahead with its paradigm of making Dynamics NAV the ERP cornerstone of its cloud offering, which means more native integration with Azure, Power BI and Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online.
Virtually every new enhancement is cloud-ready or cloud-based. Users can expect the following:
- An enhanced Azure, Office 365 and CRM Online experience, which works natively with these programs
- Enhanced usability for desktops, tablets and mobile phones
- Electronic OCR, invoicing and enhanced third-party tools for adding their own data sources
- Workflow and process automation enhancements
- Finance functionalities including deferrals and posting previews
The official release date has not yet been announced – we’ll keep you posted!