Microsoft Dynamics GP 2018 was released on December 1, 2017. This new release contains a multitude of new features, many of which are a direct result of customer requests and voting results from the Microsoft Connect site.
Below is a brief list outlining just some of the newest features:
1. Enhanced Document Attachment features
- Documents can now be attached in the inquiry windows – Customer Inquiry, Vendor Inquiry, Project Accounting Inquiry
- The ability to password protect attached documents
2. Improved workflows – Workflow 4.0
- New workflow for G/L Account
- New workflow for Receiving Transactions
- New workflow for Purchasing Invoices
- An extended list of available fields for Payables transactions
- Email notifications for workflows
- Workflow reporting capability
3. Improvements to the sorting capability within GP
- Sort by Document Type, Document Number, Amount, Amount remaining and Document date in either ascending or descending order in the Receivables Transaction Inquiry by Document or Customer and Payables Transaction Inquiry by Vendor or Document
- Sort by Type, Document, Payment or Deposit in ascending or descending order in Bank reconciliation
4. Improvements to the build a payment batch process
- Ability to create a Payment Option ID that to save the settings used to build a payment batch.
5. Window changes
- Renaming the all of the cheque (check) processing windows to Payment. This will avoid those pesky Canadian vs American spelling debates!