This week at Microsoft WPC in Toronto Microsoft announced Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2013 should be available October 1 2013 and there are a lot of compelling reasons why you should upgrade. Here are the top 5 that I would recommend.
- Speed/Speed/Speed – the new posting routines can increase the speed of posting by up to 90% through better development and only locking tables when absolutely necessary.
- Efficiency – you can queue up posting routines so you don’t have to wait while a 100 line sales invoice is posting – it can be queued up and you go back to work. Its posts when it has time!
- Dimension space savings – as you may know, currently when dimensions are used they get stored in a variety of tables. The new method to stores dimension data in much less tables and saves up to 85% in space. This also improves analytical capabilities using dimensions.
- Web Client – NAV 2012 comes with 3 clients; windows client, SharePoint client and web client. The web client can be used by a variety of browsers including Safari. There is zero installation on your PC to start NAV 2013.
- Dashboards – creating dashboard is now super easy – it can use account schedule to create the graphs and display them on your Role Center. A new Query feature also for more robust impromptu reporting.
For more information, pleaser download our Top 10 Reasons to Buy Microsoft Dynamics NAV brochure below.