Self-service Business Intelligence (BI) is not just a buzz-word. It is an approach to analytics that enables business users to analyze organizational information (i.e. create reports, make dash boards, perform ad-hoc analysis, configure alerts).
IT resources are not required on a continual basis to support end users, but rather only to set up the back-end (i.e. the data warehouse/data marts and related cubes underpinning the business intelligence system). Further, if an existing back-end solution is available, IT may not be required at all!
The top 7 Benefits of Achieving Self-Service BI include:
- Enabling business users to create personalized reports and conduct analysis without IT involvement
- Freeing up IT resources to focus on other tasks
- Improving organizational decision making
- Increasing response time to changes in the business environment
- Improving allocation of resources
- Reducing organizational risk
- Improving organizational results
The team at BDO Solutions specializes in integrating disparate data sources for real-time reporting and detailed analysis with Business Intelligence software solutions. To learn more please contact Les Wright at [email protected] or download our BDO Planning and Performance Brochure.