SQL Reporting Services (SSRS) has been integrated with Microsoft Dynamics GP for many of its releases, yet many Dynamics GP users do not take advantage of this functionality. Many GP users perceive SSRS as complicated, therefore do not take the time to understand what it can do. However, SSRS is actually very straightforward to use.
SQL Reporting Services is included with your purchase of Dynamics GP/SQL and is a powerful tool that easily deploys along with Microsoft Dynamics GP. SSRS can create highly customizable reports to meet your specific organizational requirements. Even users with limited experience are able to build reports using different reporting tools. Once built, you can save reports along with other SSRS reports and access them from Dynamics GP.
Dynamics GP includes many pre-built reports straight “out of the box”. You can access them from the Dynamics GP workstation/web client or via a web browser immediately after deployment without any additional configuration. Data from these reports easily exports into PDF, Excel or Word formats. With SSRS, you have the ability to expand and compress sections within a report to hide or expose different levels of detail. You can add links to fields within your document to show sub-reports. Also, use different colored fonts, headings, borders etc. to create all kinds of aesthetically pleasing options within your reports. Use the resulting reports in presentations to impress vendors, customers or management.
Why should you upgrade to SQL Reporting Services 2016?
- Application improvements
- New tool integration
- New features
- Streamlined look with better readability
- SSRS now supports the latest versions of all major browsers, including Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge
- Power BI integration
- Improved user interface
- Mobile BI support and data visualization on Windows, iOS, and Android devices
- New/enhanced reporting templates, themes, and chart types
- More data sources available due to the integration with Power Query
- Users can now view reports with on-premises data via the Power BI service in the cloud