University of Toronto Press
This is a case study of BDO’s successful implementation of Microsoft Dynamics GP for the University of Toronto Press (UOTP).
The UOTP has various divisions that make use of many dedicated operational systems that needed better integration with a back office system. It also required a simplified chart of accounts structure, while growing its management reporting and analytics capabilities of the system.
The system implemented by BDO consists of the following Dynamics GP modules delivered on Microsoft Windows Server and Microsoft SQL Server:
- Core back office financial tasks are processed efficiently and month-end closing is shortened.
- Expenses can be recorded to specific dimensions, such as projects, journals or client publishers, to facilitate management reporting without requiring an expanded formal chart of accounts.
- Vendors and employee expenses can be paid efficiently via Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) Financial statements can be produced at any time in MR with the click of a button.
- MR, Smartlist Builder and Excel Reports Builder facilitate end user analysis and understanding.
- eOne’s SmartConnect facilitates the automation of payables, general ledger and bank transactions from several dedicated operational systems, which allows the finance team to focus on other accounting tasks and analysis instead of manual entries and adjustments.
- UTP’s back-end system is stable and reliable and will continue to scale with its ongoing business requirements.