Humber Students' Federation
This case study showcases how BDO designed and implemented a system for Humber Students’ Federation (HSF). The new system consists of a variety of Dynamics GP and CRM modules, delivered on Microsoft Windows Server, Microsoft SQL Server, and Terminal Server Technology.
With the new system, HSF is enjoying many benefits, including:
- A real-time Point of Sale system directly integrated into the financial system, which handles real-time inventory tracking across multiple locations with strong reporting functionality
- The finance team can easily produce complex financial statements in realtime through Management Reporter
- Budgets and comparative reports are now available without difficulty at any time
- Customers and student information is set up one time only and is then accessible in the system for use in a variety of different transactions.
- Business users can obtain immediate notifications and search records and export data to Microsoft Excel through the SmartList feature
- Expense reimbursement requests are now captured in a fully electronic fashion with security roles in place to restrict the payment approvals to executive staff only
- Workflow rules are applied to pre-qualify the approval of certain types of expendable expenditure, which reduces the workload of the executive approvers
- New and existing student clubs now have a full and concise history
- Bursary application and reconciliation are now easy to search through and manage as records — a big improvement over manually-filed papers
- Event organization is now a collaborative HSF team activity with all relevant information tracked against each event record